Tuesday, December 9, 2008

who has time for anything?

not me, that's who.

i'm doing a play locally right now. about a month ago, dianna called me up and said they needed tenors for A Christmas Carol, and i said, "hey i'm a tenor!" a month later, i have traces of eyeliner on my eyes from tech rehearsal last night, and i'm getting less and less sleep. i play "banker" or "banker 1." i actually have a couple of lines and i wear a little mic that hangs over my ear. gather and sing of this glorious thing known as Christ-mas, to-gether!

in other news, yet another high school girl has caused damage to my car. this rhodes scholar cut me off and then slammed on brakes. have fun buying a new front end for my car.

i've been listening to a lot of good new music lately. i bought kanye's new album, 808's and heartbreak, and while it's not great, it is unique and i appreciate it. also, i've been listening to feist, the national, the killers, goldfrapp, ray lamontagne, snow patrol, colin meloy, and synthar, to name a few. seriously, stop what you are doing and download 'colin meloy sings live!' from iTunes right now. it will change your life. oh, i also just got about 30 miles davis and john coltrane cd's, which is amazing.

oh, and SPEAKING of music, a parcel arrived at my doorstep yesterday, the contents of which is a new live Dave Matthews album, from your friend and mine, bree. you're the best, blawyger.

well, that's it for now. more soon. including pictures of me in makeup.

2 comments:

Bree said...

I heart synthar! I like Kanye's new album too. I hate it when I like Kanye's stuff, which is most of the time. *sigh* And you're welcome! If anything else cool comes my way, I'll pass it along. :)

PS if eyeliner is good enough for David Bowie, it's good enough for YOU

Kristen said...

Oooo new layout! (Or back to an old one - I believe you had this one many moons ago, no?)

It took me about four hours to figure out what the little spot on your face was in the makeup photo you sent me (it was your little over-the-ear mic).

Word Verification - huseur: the French root word describing a person of questionable morals displaying unfounded arrogance and a short-fused temper. Usually male in his late-teens to mid-20's. See also: douchebag.