Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Nearing the end

the end of the year is almost here. i LITERALLY can't believe how fast this year has flown by. of course things haven't happened the way I thought they would, but does it really ever?

The play was awesome! I was in two shows for school kids on the 11th, and then we had public shows on friday, saturday, and sunday. my mom and brother came to the saturday night show. but first things first, friday night after the show, me and some cast memebers went to the pizza joint for a slice, and as i'm walking out to my car, a woman approaches and knocks on my window. IT'S KRISTEN!! she flew in to surprise me and see the show and hang out for the weekend. so she also came to the saturday night show, with mAndrew and elsie. and dave and virginia came to see the sunday show. i had a super-fantasic time doing the play. kristen and i kicked it all weekend, and we OF COURSE had a blast. (special thanks to dianna for tirelessly making me look like a pretty pretty girl all week)(the picture is me and amanda (the very talented girl who played the ghost of christmas future - and yes i DO look good in that picture)

four days after the show, i auditioned for another play, Into the Woods, and...sigh...i didn't get a part. for the first time in my entire life, i was turned down for a part. that was a hard pill to swallow. but thanks to dianna's gentle encouragement, i got through it.

so now i'm done with work for the year, and tonight i made my first attempt to buy a christmas present (yes, you read that correctly). at least i get seven whole days off for christmas this year! yay grownup!

7 comments:

My name is Dianna said...

oooh, what did gentle say? i got a 'can't go their page'....i was way more encouraging than that! some of us just need to see things for what they are? maybe they could only have sandy-blonde princes....you are way talented, patrick joseph (to be said in a kind, loving way)
you rock! we'll buy tickets and go see into the woods, you, mike and me:) then we can eat our weight in pizza (and beer) and say things that would make them mourn not choosing us for parts;)

yes you are a pretty pretty girl...i mean boy:)

patrick | steed said...

look at the URL for the "gentle" link.

My name is Dianna said...

yeah, that sums it up, if i didn't say that exactly....i meant to...nothin' but love for ya....but really.
so when you get where your going, and IF you ever get similar news....call me first just so i can say those EXACT words....i'm all about you experiencing a healthy dose of rejection.

btw, word verification was rated, no joke

My name is Dianna said...

it only make you a better actor...forgot that line got carried away when i read the word verification....

Kristen said...

OF COURSE. :D

yay surprises!

"we gather and sing of this glooorious thing called Chriiistmas...together." (or something like that...) :)

Bree said...

Dude, you should wear a top hat every. day.

My name is Dianna said...

I agree with Bree....only if you wear the mascara too;0)