Monday, August 6, 2007

hey i didn't get an overdraft this week! yay!

LAST weekend i helped my friends Rodger and Angela move to Chapel Hill. i would have been really sad the whole weekend, except for this:

Scene: Rodger and Pat are driving in a massive U-Haul. Rodger is driving, and they are stopping for lunch. Rodger looks down and reads a sticker on the dash.

Rodger: hmmm...
Sticker: To put vehicle in park, depress brake pedal.
Rodger: STUPID BRAKE PEDAL! YOU'RE A LOSER! YOU SHOULD HAVE STAYED IN SCHOOL! NOW YOU'RE JUST A DUMB U-HAUL BRAKE PEDAL! YOUR MOM IS STUPID!
Brake Pedal: Aww man...

And Rodger put the truck in park. You honestly can't make this stuff up.

Also, whilST in Chapel Hill, we returned to Top of the Hill bar and had drinks. Downtown Chapel Hill rocks, as I have said before, and I will be visiting frequently, I think.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lately, I have been trying to make a tough decision. Should I keep working and take night classes, running the risk of not finishing my prerequisites in time? Or, quit work (YES) and go to school full time on loans? Yes, that sounds good. Thanks for listening.

late edit before posting: i wrote the first part of this on sunday night, and it is now monday night, and i have new news. so, today, they reposted my job, new and improved and beefed up, and the pay is MUCH better (right around what i was going to demand). so now, i think i'm going to work this year whilST taking my initial classes and save up all that cheddar for when i'm in the program and not able to work.

discuss.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I'm STILL GIGGLING about the Rodger/brake pedal moment. That is pineapple.

hehehe! (you have to say this like Joey when he's hiding in the box)

Dottie said...

Hooray for visits from Pat!

Will said...

debt = evil