It's been so hot here. Three straight 100 degree days (115 with the heat index), and I work outside. Needless to say, I have a horrible sockline.
OK, first a quote, and then some monday words.
"I didn't go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don't recommend Christianity." --C.S. Lewis
1. The Half-Blood Prince: That book is frickin awesome! And what I thought was going to happen, happened (see previous post). JK Rowling is in trouble.
2. Service: We talked about service in kinship tonight. I think I definitely need to work on my servant attitude.
3. Wisdom teeth: So my oral surgury benefits kicked in, so I can finally get my wisdom teeth out after nearly two years of waiting. But, it's still going to cost me $350. If you would like to donate to this fund, let me know.
4. Supervisor: My supervisor at work is on vacation this week, and I'm in charge. BWAA-HA-HA-HAA!!! >:)
5. Journal: I bought a new notebook to write in and take notes in, etc. It's black, and I bought it thinking that it was manly enough for me to buy, because it has a solid black cover. A few years ago, I had a journal with a dragonfly on it, and my friend Angela made fun of me. So, now I have to buy manly journals.
6. Lost Dogs: Pearl Jam has recorded about 7 or 8 albums since the phenomenal and groundbreaking release of "Ten" in 1991. Everytime, they have recorded songs that were very good, but for one reason or another, didn't get onto the album. Well, now they have released a double CD called "Lost Dogs" where they put 30 of their favorites from this category (this album includes "Last Kiss" and fan favorite "Yellow Ledbetter"). This album is amazing and I recommend it to everyone who enjoys good music. (Cool liner notes included)
7. Garden State Soundrack: Coldplay, The Shins, Iron and Wine, Frou Frou, and a personal favorite, Nick Drake. A tremendous album for an amazing movie.
8. Wedding Crashers: two words-hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!
9. Contentment: I think for a while I am just going to focus on learning to be content with what I have been given and stop trying to get more. I think that is the key to me being able to move on with life and get out of the quagmire.
10. Road trip: Tomorrow, after work, I am taking my friend Jeff to North Carolina to look at a car that he may or may not buy. But we are going to have fun. And walkie-talkies.
11. Philemon: I studied this book the other day while I was drinking an iced Chai at Borders. I ended up having to make a huge list of people that I need to forgive. Hmm.
12. Friends: I've been watching seasons 4, 5, and 6. So great.
13. Marriage: In september, I'm going to be a groomsman at my friend Heath's wedding in Houston. And in March, I'm going to be the best man at my friend Tysen's wedding. This after years of being 'the wedding singer.' I'm stoked. But I have to buy a plane ticket to Houston, so again, if you wish to donate, let me know.
Before I go...
"The true Christian's nostril is to be continually attentive to the inner cesspool." --C.S. Lewis
Isn't he awesome? How do you think of crap like that??
PS - thanks to Rodger for the quotes.