Wednesday, August 3, 2005

A song

As I recall with my stomach turning
I was hiding away from myself, away from you
Like nothing, though something was terribly wrong
And I admit that I was only waiting for the right time
Night time, the right moment for you to look away
Though you never did, I pretended for a while
So I could walk where I don't belong

And I remember every word you said
Come back in time, come back
And I remember I would soon be dead
Now so pitiful, so pitiful

But I know as I hammered those nails into your beautiful hands
Your eyes still try to search for mine, but I look away
Now your eyes are the only thing that can save me
I'm still afraid of them piercing
You're breaking into my prison
Just pretended for a while
My soul is dying I won't look away

And I remember every word you said...
I'll remember every word you said
This time I won't look away
*******************************************
Man, those swedes are deep. This song is called "pitiful," and it's by a band called Blindside, and they are from Sweden. Their fifth studio album was released yesterday, and it's called "The Great Depression," referring to the great depression in our hearts before we find Christ. If you like hardcore rock, get into Blindside.

Peace

No comments: